Get Ahead of the Pack: Top 10 Reasons to Switch to Flexible Packaging
There are many exciting changes in the packaging world these days, but perhaps one of the biggest trends is the huge growth of the flexible packaging industry. If flexible packaging did not exist, neither would bagged salads that stay fresh for days; frozen foods that steam right in their packages; household products like antibacterial wipes and easy-to-use laundry detergent; numerous health and beauty products; as well as single-serve protein and meal replacement supplements.
According to Flexible Packaging Association’s recent Flexible Packaging Transition Advantages Study, when given the choice between the same products in non-flexible packaging, 71% of consumers said they prefer flexible packaging. In fact, this market is projected to grow from its current size of 102.19 Billion to 131.65 Billion by 2022.
There are numerous reasons why flexible packaging has become so popular, so here is our top ten:
- It’s lightweight, easy to store, carry and reseal
- Customizable – available in many different shapes, sizes and films
- Able to provide tamper-evident, reclosure and dispensing options
- Provides efficient product to package ratios
- Provides a smooth surface for high-quality printed images, so it’s visually appealing on store shelves and to consumers
- Less expensive to produce – although using plastic can appear cheaper, not as much material is needed to make flexible packaging. Some studies have put the potential savings from using flexible packaging at as much as 40%.
- Cheaper to Ship – the weight of a flexible material can be up to 70% lighter than that of traditional packaging.
- Able to extend the shelf life of many products, especially food.
- It is the ideal environmental choice because it uses fewer resources, generates fewer emissions and creates less waste
- It is at the forefront of important packaging trends in product protection, packaging design and performance.
In business since 1987, Overnight Labels has deep experience in the Flexible Packaging category. Our presses are ideal for bags/pouches, stick/sample packs and sachets. Our knowledgeable sales team can help you navigate the wide variety of substrates, inks and finishing options in order for you to make the switch, or to launch new product.
Seeing is believing…so order a Free Possibilities Kit to view our range of flexible packaging options for your brand.
To learn more, get in touch with us by calling 800-472-5753, or by emailing email@example.com.